Finacial aid night for seniors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Finacial aid night for seniors

Haley Grimes, Reporter

On  September 18, 2019, Meridian will host its annual Financial Aid Night in the Meridian High School auditorium. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm and will have a representative from the Illinois Student Assistance Commissions (ISACorp), Jacob Gulso.

“He’ll do a presentation…on the different aspects of financial aid, what the timelines are, the different types of monetary awards there are through financial aid for college,” said Heather Johnson, the guidance counselor for Meridian High School.

Filling out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) is a must for any student who wishes to attend college.

“It is [important] because any senior going to college has to apply for financial aid, regardless,” said Johnson. “And…starting with next year’s senior class [2020-2021] you are required to fill it out or you have to have a waiver in order for graduation.”

500 Internal Server Error- 澳门赌场官网

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

“Once they [students] fill out their FASFA, that goes to the government,” said Johnson. “So then they will send out all the information that was filled out on the FASFA to the different colleges that students put down, so the information isn’t going to be sent to random colleges.”

The college will put together a Financial Aid Package. From there, the student can be made aware if they qualify for financial aid through that college.

“It could just consist of loan options. The more money a student’s parent(s) make,…the less aid they’re going to get,” said Johnson.

Meridian students who plan to apply for the Carol Scholarship, or any other Meridian scholarship, must have their FASFA filled out. Students who qualify for financial aid will receive that over the scholarship.