Varsity boys soccer wins yet again

On+September+10%2C+the+boys+soccer+team+defeated+Arthur+Lovington+Atwood+Hammond+5-2.+%22When+we+play+simple+and+actually+play+our+game%2C+we+work+together+as+a+team+and+get+the+job+done%2C%22+said+Ashley+Dawson%2C+assistant+coach.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Varsity boys soccer wins yet again

On September 10, the boys soccer team defeated Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond 5-2.

On September 10, the boys soccer team defeated Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond 5-2. "When we play simple and actually play our game, we work together as a team and get the job done," said Ashley Dawson, assistant coach.

Gabby Bingaman

Gabby Bingaman

Gabby Bingaman

Hannah Reichert, Editor-in-Chief

On September 10, the Meridian Boys Soccer Team hosted Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond (ALAH) at 4:30. The final score was 5-2 in favor of the Hawks.

The Hawks’ starting line up was Ian Young (Sr.) in goal, Riley Day (So.), Avery Pierson (Jr.), Keagan Kantor (So.), Micah McCoy (Fr.), Jake Rhodes (Sr.), Cayden Hopkins (Fr.), Jesse Hamilton (Sr.), Cole Boehm (Sr.), Gabe Owens (So.), and Trey Bourisaw (Sr.).

ALAH’s starting line up was Brandon Lindstrom in goal, Chilton Ingram, Scott McClain, Gavin Mechling, Alexa Miller, Kaiden Morfey, Tori Morgan, Laytin Pratt, Aiden Stewart, Levi Ward, and Trey Wardrip.

“They [ALAH] had good speed up top and towards the first half, they really worked together as a unit and attacked our backline effectively,” said Mathew Rund, head coach. “It threw us off balance at the start, because we were overmanned at times so we started to lose a little focus but we ended up getting it back.”

The first half started off with a goal by the Hawks in the thirty-seventh minute by Hamilton. Then ALAH followed up with a goal by McClain. In the ninth minute, Hopkins, a freshman who started his first varsity game, scored his first varsity goal.

“We really excelled in framing the goal to have the best opportunity to score,” said Hamilton, one of four captains.

500 Internal Server Error- 澳门赌场官网

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

“When we play simple and actually play our game, we work together as a team and get the job done,” said Ashley Dawson, assistant coach.

The Meridian boys will host Decatur Eisenhower on September 12, at 4:30.