Meridian community can watch live events on phone/computer/t.v.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Journalism students Karrigan True and Tyler Ward live stream a basketball game.

Sheila Moore

Sheila Moore

Sheila Moore

Delaney Jones, Reporter

The high school’s journalism class pays for the community to have access to live coverage of school events. To watch the live streams, community members should go to www.meridiandaily.net, click the “More” tab and click on “Video Coverage.” These live streams cover sporting events, band concerts, special board meetings, and assemblies throughout the year.

500 Internal Server Error- 澳门赌场官网

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

The live streams have had considerable success this year. Last weeks home football game live stream received 493 views.  The live streams are HD and high quality. Live streams also feature commercials made by journalism students for advertisers. On top of this, the live streams are free for any community members within a certain radius of the school.

“We as a journalism class pay for our community to watch  the live streams for free,” said Sheila Moore, journalism teacher at the high school. “It’s a great way to watch if you have sick kid at home…or if you live out of state and you have a sibling that is still on the team,” said Moore.

Connor Hurelbrink is one of those people who lives out of state, but has a sibling that still participates in high school sports. Hurelbrink is a Meridian graduate who now attends the University of Louisville. His little brother, Drew Hurelbrink, participates in many high school sports including football and basketball.

“I enjoy watching the live streams, still, because even in Kentucky it allows me to keep up with the younger guys I played sports with and it is a chance for me to get to watch my little brother play sports,” said Hurelbrink.

The next live stream is the homecoming football game on Friday, September 11.